Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Favorite Cookie Recipe










These are my & my family's favorite cookies! I customized a recipe found on the inside of the oatmeal box ("vanishing" oatmeal cookies?) to our taste and I finally wrote it out so I can share it with others! We love them b/c they are super-moist and extra-yummy! (: And, kinda sorta, healthy in a way...(:











Recipe:

2 sticks of reg. or light margarine, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 c. flour (I use 1/2 wheat flour, 1/2 white flour)
1 T. Vanilla
1 T. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground cloves
1 t. ground ginger
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 c. chocolate chips (and/or raisens if you prefer) (you can use up to 1 c. of chips if you want them extra chocolatey)
1/2 c. finely chopped dried apricots (and/or dried cranberries)
3 cups of oatmeal (you can use old-fashioned or quick-cooking, uncooked)

Cream the butter and sugars. Add the flour and eggs and mix. Then add the vanilla, cinnamon, clove, ginger, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well. Then add the oatmeal and finally the chocolate chips and/or raisens and the apricots and/or cranberries...I'm sure you could add all four and that'd be very good too! Scoop by the rounded spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet, ya know about 2 inches apart...hehe and bake at 350 degrees. Our oven is very "hot" so it only takes about 6 minutes per sheet, but I think it's probably more like 10 minutes in a normal oven. Once the edges start to even slightly brown I take them out and then let them sit on the sheet for 10 minutes before you plate them. Hopefully that makes sense. (:

Yum! Janelle

No comments: