Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my take on ETSY


I have gotten a few questions like "what is Etsy?" and why am I on there? So... Etsy is an online marketplace for all things handmade, the supplies used to make handmade items (i.e. scrapbook supplies) and vintage...it is not an auction site, each seller has their own unique store. I have long wanted to have a website with all my scrapbook supplies in one place but I lack the know-how or interest in creating a website w/shopping cart...so I think this is a great place for me. Check out my shop and let me know what you think. I ship worldwide and accept paypal, credit cards, check and money orders. I also can zero out the shipping for you if you live locally or want to pick up your order (just message me before you check out w/ your purchase.)

Here are a few of my favorite Etsy shops (besides mine...wink wink)
Paisley Handmade great items for babies and moms (& the best mullings spices!) made by Jenny in Orange City, IA (like this flower onesie!)








Lovely hand crocheted flowers & more by Lily (see my previous post for how I use them on my scrapbook pages...and hats--below)







Sweet hair bows and beanies!
Cute hair clips made in South Dakota
Awesome art & items by ElenaMary
my list could go on (and on... just look in my favorites if you don't believe me) but I'll stop here for now (:

--Janelle

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Awww, Janelle! She does look so sweet in that shirt! And thanks for the publicity! I'm really wondering/worrying about how this whole CSPIA thing is going to affect my business, so we'll have to see what the next month brings...Hope you are doing well!